Connect with us

IPL

SA20 season 4: Announcement of playoffs and final places – Full details | Cricket news

Published

on

SA20 season 4: Announcement of playoffs and final places - full details
Mi Cape Town won the SA20 final in 2025 (x through image)

Cape Town’s Newlands Cricket Ground has been confirmed as a site for the SA20 season 4 finals, while Kingsmade, Centurion and Wanders will stage important playoff matches in January 2026. The season begins on 26 December. For the first time in the history of the league, Durban will host a playoffs, in which Kingsmade set on stage qualifier 1 stage on Wednesday, 21 January. In the match, the top two teams from the group stage will be included in a direct fight for a place in the final. Then the highwaved center will take the stage. The Centurion has been scheduled to host the eliminator on Thursday, January 22, while Wanderers in Johannesburg will have a qualifier 2 stage the next day, which decides the second finalist. All the previous SA20 final capacity has been played in front of the crowd, and League Commissioner Graeme Smith hopes that the trend continues. Smith said, “SA20 season 4 is taking shape as an incredibly exciting summer of cricket, kicking on boxing day and running through the holiday period,” Smith said. “Last year, Newlands sold all five matches at the venue and with being in the final on Sunday, it establishes an incredible afternoon with a spectacular season, entertainment and an vibrant atmosphere to crown our season 4 champions.” Smith also highlighted the new role of Durban in the playoffs. He said, “Durban will host a playoff for the first time and we are hoping that it will stimulate fans, especially because two best teams of the competition will play in that qualifier 1,” he said. “We are also excited to return to Centurion and Wanderers on Thursday and Friday night, it is always important to close places together as the matches are different one day., The commissioner admitted that it is always a challenge to determine the knockout stages that after the group phase viewing small changes. “This is always an interesting challenge for us that we get the playoff matches scheduling and did well.

Voting

Do you think Durban is hosting a playoff for the first time and will attract more fans?

The announcement of the final and playoff venue comes ahead of the season 4 player auction on 9 September, when six franchisees will complete their 19-players. With a total of $ 7.4 million () over 64 million), Star Protiaz and international cricketers will go under the hammer. The auction will be broadcast at Gehotstar in India from 5 pm.


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

IPL

‘No Bandwidth to Play’: R Ashwin suddenly explained the reason behind IPL retirement. Cricket news

Published

on

'No Bandwidth to Play': R Ashwin suddenly explained the reason behind IPL retirement
CSK R Ashwin celebrates with teammates (PTI Photo/Manvender Vashist Love)

Ravichandran Ashwin Has opened to call your sudden decision on his time Indian premiere league Livelihood. In December 2024, an experienced off-spinner, who retired from international cricket, announced earlier this week that he was also going away from the IPL, as well as signing. Chennai Super KingsThe franchise where his journey began. Speaking on your YouTube channel, Ashwin Explained that now he did not have energy to demand a three -month IPL schedule. He admitted that it was difficult to manage with age travel, match and recovery period.

Voting

Do you think Ashwin should consider further?

“I was thinking that if I can play IPL next year. The three -month IPL is a little bit for me. It is a drought. This is a reason that I am amazing to see someone. MS DhoniAs you get older, the bandwidth to play IPL decreases, ”Ashwin said. His comments came after speculation that his exit was associated with CSK’s plans for mini-interaction. The 38 -year -old also indicated to discover opportunities abroad. Reports have combined him with hundred and SA20, and Ashwin confirmed that he had registered for another league, but has not revealed the details. He said that he is open for coaching in future, but would like to do so on his terms. Ashwin signed with a hearty post on social media, writing, “He says that every end has a new beginning. My time comes close today as an IPL cricketer, but my time starts from today as a explorer of the game around various leagues.” During a career in 16 sessions, Ashwin depicted 221 IPL matches, claiming 187 wickets in the 7.20 economy. He also contributed 833 runs with the bat, representing CSK, Rising Pune Super Zant, Punjab Kings, Delhi Capital and Rajasthan Royals.


Continue Reading

IPL

‘He looked unresolved’: East-NZ Pesar remembered Virat Kohli disturbing; It is said that MS Dhoni handled it easily. Cricket news

Published

on

'He looked unresolved': East-NZ Pesar remembered Virat Kohli disturbing; MS Dhoni handled it easily
File photo: MS Dhoni and Virat Kohli

Former Pesar of New Zealand Neil Wagner One of his career defined competitions has opened up – 2014 Auckland Test against India – where he exposed Virat KohliThe initial struggle with a short ball but admitted that MS Dhoni Decoded his strategy.Speaking at the Red Inkar Cricket Podcast, Wagoner, who is now 39 years old, revealed how a flat still gave him a chance to reject Kohli.Go beyond the border with our YouTube channel. Subscribe now!“This Test match, I remember the wicket is quite flat, but there was a slight speed and bounce. The Eden Park is quite small on the straight, but the square borders are the pockets that are helpful. I remember how the bouncer bowls the couple and they played it, and especially (Virat) Kohli ignored a little. He did not know whether he should take it or not and how to play, “Wagner remembered.Talking about the dismissal, Wagner said: “The idea was trying to go out of the eyeline. He (Kohli) tried to pull it in front of the square because there is security.India was chasing 407 in the fourth innings, Kohli chased with 67 and Dhoni with a fight. Ravindra jadejaAt 268/5, India also threatened to pull a famous victory. But Wagner hit again.“Then Dhoni and Jadeja noticed that they were going to chase it and playing an unprecedented innings. Dhoni did not see that it was harassing him a lot,” Wagner accepted. “All this was about taking positive and aggressive options for us. I was as if I am going to bowl a slow ball bouncer for Dhoni. I did it and he cut it, and I was amazed with it.”This success proved to be decisive as Wagner ended with 4/62, bowling India for 366 and sealing New Zealand’s 40 -run win. For Wagner, Dhoni’s dismissal-he initially neutralized his strategy-a moment of confidence and strategic verification.


Continue Reading

IPL

Duleep Trophy: Cricket News dominates North East region as Silver Patidar Slam Ton, near Danish Malver Double

Published

on

Dalip Trophy: Near Danish Malver Double, Middle Area dominates the North East region as Silver Patidar Slam Ton
Bengaluru: Danish Malver of Central Zone played a shot between Central Zone and North East Zone at the BCCI Center of Excellence Ground in Bangalore in Karnataka, Karnataka, a Dalip Trophy 2025 quarter -final cricket match between the Central Zone and North East Zone. (PTI Photo/Shailendra Bhojak) (PTI08_28_2025_00022a)

The Central Zone dominated the early day of the Dalip Trophy quarter -final against the North East Zone in Bengaluru on Thursday, reaching 4 out of 2 in 77 overs to 432 in 77 overs before the rain played. Vidarbha’s Danish Malevar remained unbeaten on 198 Silver Scored a quick 125 off 96 balls.The pair performed an impressive batting, collectively kills 56 borders. Malevar, who first scored in a century Ranji Trophy In the final last season, hit 35 fours and a six in his innings. Patidar’s aggressive knock included 21 fours and three sixes.The partnership between Malav and Patidar began when 60, who batted at 60, was hurt after Aryan Juyal was killed in the stomach area. He added 199 runs for the second wicket in just 28 overs.Mallever performed extraordinary batting skills for 1,000 runs in her tenth first -class game. His third first -class century included 20 borders, in which the hundredth run was coming through a limit.Patidar showed his class by hitting three consecutive reverse sweeps against North East Zone captain Rongsen Jonathan, who scored 130 runs in 15 overs. He arrived in his 14th first class century with cover drive in the following over.

Voting

Do you think there was a standout artist in the Central Zone innings?

Patidar’s innings ended when he attempted to sweep Pesar Feeriizam Jotin and was caught by Ankur Malik in deep square leg boundary.After Patidar’s dismissal, Malwar formed another strong partnership with his Ranji team partner Yash Rathore. The pair added 85 runs for the unwavering third wicket stand, with Rathod unbeaten at 32, the rain disrupted the game.21 -year -old Malevar is now on the verge of her first class double hundred, showing her ability as a growing talent in Indian domestic cricket.


Continue Reading

Trending