Connect with us

Sports

ONS Jabeur: French Open’s priority men’s schedule ‘sad’

Published

on

Paris – Ons jabeur The decision of the French open organizers was again criticized to prioritize men’s matches in a lately developed slot on the court Philip-chatrier.

The first four days of the 2025 tournament have determined men’s matches in the slot, a separate ticket session that begins at 8:15 pm local time.

Since the night session was introduced in 2022, only two of its 33 matches have been singles. On the other hand, the first match on the court Philip-chatrier is usually played in front of a rare crowd, and this year all four openers have been solo for women.

Jabur, who said last year that after several matches, players are worth “better scheduling”, went beyond midnight, talked after their first round loss Magdelena Fract On Tuesday, he criticized the decision to choose only men’s matches for the night session.

“It is still sad that we are still watching it,” said Jabur. “I stand with my words.

“In Europe, in general, it is generally unfortunate for women’s game. Not for tennis, but in general. I hope whoever is making decisions, I don’t think there are their daughters because I don’t think they do not think they want to treat their daughters.

“You know, this is a little irony. They don’t show women’s game, they do not show women’s tennis, and then they ask questions,” Yes, but mostly they see men. ” Of course they see men more because you show more men.

“It is a shame from the Federation, it is a shame from Prime, whatever is called TV, that he has signed such a contract. Many great players, they deserve to be there. He was one of the matches. Naomi (Osaka) And Paula (Badosa)Such an incredible match. They were about to be there. Like last year, IGA (Swiyatech) And Naomi was about to happen there. A lot of great matches, they should have been. ,

Jabar Tennis Federation President Gills Moreton suggested that Jabar was criticized a day after the verdict in the night matches.

“The schedule is an important point on the tournament,” said Moreton. “Sometimes we have to think what can be better for the audience. That is why sometimes we have to make some options.”

Jabur said: “I am not sure what kind of fans he is talking about. I know I am a fan. I will watch that match.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Indus, Satichi QFS in the world; India vs Tajikistan in Caifa; India vs China Asia Cup Hockey: Indian Game Live, 29 August

Published

on

Action-packing as an Indian game is being done, it is quite easy to remember important news and results. This is where we come – ESPN’s Daily Indian Sports Blog has all updates with the world of Indian Games as well as news, scores, schedules, results and comments that come with it.

August is here and brings with a new set of sports events. You can see details of other events in us 2025 game calendar,

There are all updates from Indian Games on August 29, 2025.


What is today?

  • Badminton,

  • soccer: India faced Tajikistan in their first match of the Caifa Cup, as Khalid Jamil Yuga begins.

  • Hockey: India faces China in its Asia Cup opener.


What happened yesterday?

  • Athletics: Neeraj Chopra finished second in the Diamond League final.

  • Badminton: PV Sindhu, Satvik-Chirag, Dhruv-Tanisha entered the quarter-finals of the World Championship.

  • soccer: AIFF and FSDL told the Supreme Court that the ISL would begin in September.

Continue Reading

Sports

Diamond League Finals: Neeraj Chopra finished second as Julian Weber Clins, Meden Crown | More sports news

Published

on

Diamond League Final: Neeraj Chopra finished second for another as Julian Weber Cleans
Neeraj Chopra (Getty Image)

Olympic medalist twice Neeraj Chopra Julian Weber of Germany had to settle for a runner-up finish in the Diamond League final for the third year, producing a commanding performance to win his first title with two large 90 meter-plus throw in Zurich on Thursday.Go beyond the border with our YouTube channel. Subscribe now!Weber burnt the event with a season world-leading 91.57m attempt, coming to his personal best, second round. He had already set a tone with 91.37 meters in his initial attempt, and from there it was a one-man show. None of his rival came close to the German, whose five legal throw overtook all 83 meters, underlining his dominance in the seven-man field.Chopra, meanwhile, was a unwantedly minor chain. The 27 -year -old Indian began with 84.35 meters and then slipped 82 meters and a dishonesty. Half on the way, he was placed third behind Trinidad and Tobago’s Keshorn Walkot. Before following two more fouls, he snatched Walcot from just six centimeters to snatch his night with 85.01 meters of the last round. Defending champion Anderson finished fourth with Peters of Granada 82.06 meters.“It was not very bad,” Chopra reflected after the incident. “We are getting closer to the world championship, so I still need to throw a little more. Some things went well, there were no things. But I am very happy for Julian – he was really managed to throw far away. It was really good to show 91m.”The slight return was a rare off-day for Chopra, which made a habit of dissolving an 88 meter mark in recent sessions and had crossed the 90 meter barrier in Doha earlier this year. He admitted that meditation now turns into Tokyo, where he will defend his world title next month. “In the major championships, gold is more important than throwing away. So I will try my best to win the medal, ”he said.For Weber, this was another success in a season where he has already thrown more than 90 meters three times, including an attempt of 91.06 meters in Doha in May. Thursday’s victory also gave him a 3–1 lead over Chopra in a head-to-head competition this season, although Indians still have a overall record of 15–5.Chopra has not ended out of the top two in any competition since June 2021. But on the platform of the largest Diamond League, the night of Weber’s Brilliance ensures that the Indian star has to settle again for the second best.


Continue Reading

Sports

Diamond League Finals: Neeraj Chopra finished second as Julian Weber Clins, Meden Crown | More sports news

Published

on

Diamond League Final: Neeraj Chopra finished second for another as Julian Weber Cleans
Neeraj Chopra (Getty Image)

Olympic medalist twice Neeraj Chopra Julian Weber of Germany had to settle for a runner-up finish in the Diamond League final for the third year, producing a commanding performance to win his first title with two large 90 meter-plus throw in Zurich on Thursday.Go beyond the border with our YouTube channel. Subscribe now!Weber burnt the event with a season world-leading 91.57m attempt, coming to his personal best, second round. He had already set a tone with 91.37 meters in his initial attempt, and from there it was a one-man show. None of his rival came close to the German, whose five legal throw overtook all 83 meters, underlining his dominance in the seven-man field.Chopra, meanwhile, was a unwantedly minor chain. The 27 -year -old Indian began with 84.35 meters and then slipped 82 meters and a dishonesty. Half on the way, he was placed third behind Trinidad and Tobago’s Keshorn Walkot. Before following two more fouls, he snatched Walcot from just six centimeters to snatch his night with 85.01 meters of the last round. Defending champion Anderson finished fourth with Peters of Granada 82.06 meters.“It was not very bad,” Chopra reflected after the incident. “We are getting closer to the world championship, so I still need to throw a little more. Some things went well, there were no things. But I am very happy for Julian – he was really managed to throw far away. It was really good to show 91m.”The slight return was a rare off-day for Chopra, which made a habit of dissolving an 88 meter mark in recent sessions and had crossed the 90 meter barrier in Doha earlier this year. He admitted that meditation now turns into Tokyo, where he will defend his world title next month. “In the major championships, gold is more important than throwing away. So I will try my best to win the medal, ”he said.For Weber, this was another success in a season where he has already thrown more than 90 meters three times, including an attempt of 91.06 meters in Doha in May. Thursday’s victory also gave him a 3–1 lead over Chopra in a head-to-head competition this season, although Indians still have a overall record of 15–5.Chopra has not ended out of the top two in any competition since June 2021. But on the platform of the largest Diamond League, the night of Weber’s Brilliance ensures that the Indian star has to settle again for the second best.


Continue Reading

Trending