Connect with us

Sports

Novak Djokovic: Coaching Split with Andy Murray was ‘Mutual’

Published

on

Paris, France – Novak jokovich Emphasizes calls to divide with Andy Murray As the coach was “mutual”, but the results accept what they were not, while they worked together.

38 -year -old Djokovic opened against his French Open campaign McKenzie McDonald Fresh on Tuesday 100th ATP Tournament Triumph On Saturday in Geneva. Djokovic stated that the victory was “her) too much for the game” as he sees to find some forms again after a turbulent start by 2025, where he was out of the early stages of Madrid Open, Monte-Karlo Masters and Indian Wales.

Murray joined Djokovic as his coach in November, and the two worked together till 13 May when they An end announcement For partnership. Djokovic has since said that both of them “could not get more than the partnership in the court” and clarified it in Paris on Monday.

“It was mutual,” Djokovic said. “We both wanted to make a call and speak, so we – in fact, we were on the same page. So it was not, you don’t know,

Djokovic saw Murray on Sunday as he attended Rafael Nadal’s farewell ceremony.

Serbian said, “He congratulated me (on Geneva), and he said, ‘Now you have a proper coach, you are winning the tournament,” Serbian said.

“I don’t know, I did not take it as a joke!

“For him to join my team and for us to give a shot to this player co-cook relationship was really an incredible thing for both Tennis and us. I was very privileged and honored. I was enjoying myself very much regardless of the fact that we probably didn’t want success that we both wanted or people expected us.

“But I still think, you know, I learned things with her in court, I have enjoyed my conversation with her about tennis, because I still think she is one of the most luxurious tennis IQ people. For, and it is all there.

“Personally, I really enjoyed my time with him, and I think we have a close relationship due to our work relationship in the last four, five months.”

Both were standing together Roger Federer The court on Sunday as part of Nadal’s farewell ceremony on Philippiel. Four of them dominated men’s tennis for most of the people of this century, and Djokovic is the last person standing with the other three retirees.

Djokovic said that it was an emotional opportunity to consider Nadal’s farewell and inspired him to consider his “end of the road”. But he said that he has no plans to move away from the game yet.

“Okay, I mean, honestly, I was thinking about my end of the road last night or tomorrow, when we were watching his speech to Rafa, especially in those moments when we were in the back room, the three of us, and I was just, yes, of course, obviously, considering his goodbye and reminiscent and rival.

“And of course my part is proud that I am still there, but at the same time, I was too, and I am still a little sad that they all have gone, because they were my biggest inspiration as my biggest inspiration as to why I competed so fast and so long,” He said.

“I think Rafa is dreamed of dreaming and celebrating each of us in full intensity of his glory, and of course each of us to be remembered in this way.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Dana White on UFC’s White House Card – ‘We Got It Done’

Published

on

According to UFC CEO Dana White, UFC’s vision is a deal to hold a live event at the White House on July 4, 2026.

In a video posted on social media, White said that UFC officials “completed it” on Thursday and promised more about the incident in the coming weeks. President Donald Trump mentioned the idea of ​​an UFC event on the White House lawn last month for the first time, stating that it would be part of a celebration on the 250th birthday of the country.

White said in his video, “It was a great day. I am going to go here from Washington, DC.” “The battle of the White House continues. I will have more information on it in the next few weeks. We did today.”

Trump is a UFC fan with White’s friend.

In the last one month, White has sidelined most questions about the possible quarrel over the proposed incident. Many biggest names of the game have publicly expressed interest in creating an appearance, which includes Connor McGregor And John jonesOn the subject of Jones, White put his participation in “A Billion -to -1” due to Jones’ recent retirement and history of issues outside the octagonal.

Continue Reading

Sports

Coco Goff fights tears, 8 double defects for winning at US Open

Published

on

New York – It is not easy for anyone, and it was not easy Coco goffHe is aware of the expectations of others. He also has his own expectations, of course.

On Thursday night, a exit will not be done in the second round of the US Open. And double-fault her way to lose can simply be the worst scenario. So when she missed twice in a row, she works to break and fall behind against the initial set. Donna Vecic At the Arthur Ash Stadium, the goff felt overwhelmed and could not hide it.

Tears came. They will not stop. He covered his face with a towel on the sideline. When she went back to court after a change, Goff kept dubbing her eyes in the middle of points, tried to focus on, trying to find a way to win. He then did so, straightening his serving issues in the second set and finishing Vikic 7-6 (5), 6-2, Gauf cried something else.

“I just show people what it is to be a human being, and I have bad days, but I think it’s more how you get up after those bad moments and show you after that,” Gauf said, “Gauf said, which is number 3 in flushing meadows, where he won the first of his two Grand Slam titles in 2023. ,

His serving crises are resumed from time to time, with 19 double-faults contributing to a loss, which ended the defense of his title in New York a year ago. She leads the tour with over 300 double-faults this season-23 not long ago in a match-and biomacionics expert Gavin McMillan was hired, credited with reconstruction number 1-rank Aryana SabalankaServes shortly before this US opens.

The way McMillan served the goff hits, and she has been doing so many smacks in practice in the last one week that her shoulder is hurting.

“The biggest challenge is just changing the speed and everything is changing for me before such a big tournament,” Goff said. “It is generally one of the most nervous tournaments for me, and on top of all this, it is a lot.”

In the first round, he needed three sets to get the past Ajla tomaljanovicIn part due to double faults.

But like that match, the defense and superiority of the goff on the baseline carried forward his previous week.

What was him left emotionally as Thursday?

“It was just veins and just pressure, honestly, and I am someone who can usually thrive on him. I have a lot on this tournament, more than normal, which I expected to expect me to come,” Gauf explained. “Originally, what you saw was what it was, and I was able to reset through it. But it was a challenging moment for me. It is difficult for a few weeks in court and outside, but I am happy to get it today.”

Vecic, who defeated Goff at the Paris Olympics last year, took a medical timeout for the silver medal, saw his right shoulder late in the first set and was doing a lot of serving his own. He failed a double fault 10 times.

In the first set, a 21-year-old Florida had seven double-faults and lost four of their six service games, including 5–4 trails-when tears began-and then 6–5. But she breaks each of those times back and then was superior to the tiebreaker.

When Vecic sent a forehand to finish the set for a long time, Goff’s mother woke up from her seat, a line behind McMillan, and shouted, “Come on! Let’s go!”

Goff turned to the locker room to print some water on his face and focus.

It did amazing work.

She used to gather herself, and the second set went too smoothly: just a double-fault, zero service brake, in front of a crowd that included star gymnast Simone Bile.

Till the end, Gauf was in a better mood, when a closed left hand was shouting when winning the match.

He saw that Biles was on hand.

“She helped me get it out. I was just thinking: if she could go on a 6 -inch beam and she could, with all the pressures of the world, I could hit the ball. … It brought me a little calm, just knowing her story, with knowing her story, she had all the things that she had passed mentally,” Goff said. “He is an inspiration, of course.”

Goff’s next opponent will be Magdelena FractWho rally to knock out American Peon sterns 6-7 (6), 6-3, 6-2 to proceed in the third round.

American Amanda anisimovaNumber 8 seeds, 7-6 (2), 6-2 proceeded with winning Maya joint,

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Sports

India vs Tajikistan Live: Update, Score, Caifa Nations Cup comments

Published

on

India vs Tajikistan starts a new chapter in Indian football history in the 2025 Caifa Nations Cup – as Khalid Jamil first takes charge of senior male national team. This is the first time in more than 13 years that an Indian national team will be in charge of the national team and Jamil will expect to land for a promising beginning at the Heror Central Stadium in Tajikistan.

The hosts represent difficult opponents, as they have grown quickly in Asian football with excellent results, such as a quarterfinal run in the 2023 Asian Cup in their debut attendance. This has increased their FIFA rankings to 106, and they can expect to provide a lot of competition to Asia’s best on their day.

India, currently, is the worst in Asia and will cut their work for him. Jamil accepts difficulty, but hopes unity will take through India, saying “they are a strong side and have done well recently. But we should focus on our own game and be prepared mentally. It is important for us to play as a unit and improve every match. We want to focus on both juniors and centers.”

Jamil’s focus on seeing the future is probably a sign of what he expects from three matches in Tajikistan – characteristic of high quality Asian opposition. This is also due to India’s best players without being piled up because Mohun Bagan SG refused to release them.

Jamil’s attention remains on the result, and it can give a clue for the type of football that we can expect from this game, saying with the coach that “We should think afresh, we should think positive. Yes, this is a distant game against a good team, but we have to prepare accordingly and we have to think about only one thing – we are ready to accept this challenge.

Spreading responsibility means that Jamil has named three captains – Sandhesh Jhingan, Rahul Bheke and Gurpreet Singh Sandhu in the departure from India’s past. Sunil Chhatri -shaped hole can later be filled by man himself, Jamil kept the door open for his return, but opted to try new combinations in this tournament.

India is placed in Group B with Tajikistan, Iran and Afghanistan, in which the group winners are going to play in the final on September 8, while the runner UP will contest for the third place on the same day.

You can follow all action in our live blog, down:

Continue Reading

Trending